Peanut butter is one of my favourite foods and I was shocked to realize that I don’t bake with it very often. Peanut butter cheesecake is at the top of my dessert list but it’s also incredibly complicated to make. I’ll get there eventually but for today I’ve settled on making peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They are SO easy to make and are definitely up there as one of the best cookies I’ve ever made! I made these cookies BIG (I got about 22 cookies from this recipe) and they were deliciously crisp on the outside but chewy on the inside. They were devoured at my family brunch this afternoon, which is always my favourite type of compliment.
A special thank you to whoever discovered the awesome combination of oats, chocolate chips and peanut butter. There will be more peanut butter recipes to come, but for now I encourage you to go right now and bake these cookies. Make sure you eat one while they are still warm!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Pinch of Yum)
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped milk chocolate (or just chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (or just chocolate chips)
What You Need to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the peanut butter mix until just moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.